Wireless printing can be difficult to get your head around as it requires your MaxiSys to communicate with your PC through a network. This sounds a lot more complicated than it really is.
Difficulty: Easy, providing you have installed the MaxiSys printer driver.
Time: 1 Minute – printing is instant.
What you will need:
- Wireless Printing installed on a PC.
- PC connected to a network.
- MaxiSys connected to the same Network.
- To have already installed MaxiSys Printing Driver.
- The MaxiSys printer driver up and running.
Before attempting to print from your MaxiSys you need to install the MaxiSys Print driver on a windows based PC. If you have not done this, follow our guide Installing the MaxiSys Printer Driver on your PC.
if you have installed the driver, you should already be pretty clued up on how the MaxiSys communicates with your network to print. Below is a diagram to refresh your memory;
Remember the following three devices will need to be connected to the SAME network;
- Your MaxiSys Tablet
- Your PC
- Your Printer
From your MaxiSys you can print reports and images. To print from your MaxiSys follow these instructions.
- To print an image of the screen (this is a bit like taking a screenshot, except it will printed instead of being saved as an image or pasted into a document) simply click the Second Icon in the top right hand side.
- You will then be presented with a list of the PCs on your network that have the MaixSys Printer driver running. If only one PC is found on the network, this screen will disappear automatically, otherwise you will need to select the appropriate PC.
- You will then see the MaxiSys sending the information to the printer.
- Once this has been sent the MaxiSys will prompt you that the file has been sent to your printer, via your PC and you should find that the report has been printed.
- To print a report of a vehicle, you perform exactly the same procedure, however you may need to enter some information about your company via the Shop Manager such as Company name, address etc. Depending on the level of detail the report will need this to print the information at the top of the report. You may also be prompted to link the report to a specific customer.
As long as all three devices are connected to the same network, printing from your MaxiSys should be pretty straight forward. If you are still having problems perform the following checks;
- Is your PC printer queue full? You wont be able to print if your queue is full.
- Is your Printer turned on?
- Is the MaxiSys Printer driver running on the PC you have selected?
- Have you entered your shop information via the Shop Manager? Sometimes you need to enter this depending on the report type.
- Is there paper in your Printer?
- Is your PC turned on?
- Is your Network router on and communicating with your Printer? Run a test print page to make sure your PC can print to your printer.
- Are you printing to the correct PC on the network? Other PC’s may be connected to the same network, but print files to a different printer.