This post answered all the original Autel scanner tools frequently asked questions technically.
UOBD2 is the authorized dealer of Autel products, therefore the following parts will helps.
- Update Software and serial number:
1). Update and Registration:
all Autel scanners with SD card need to register on Autel official site, and download software program via the machine or connect PC Suite to Autel server, the software program is bound with the serial number, copy the software from other machines is not allowed, nor the SD card is not allowed to mix-use, otherwise it will lead to authorization issue or wifi mac mismatch.
- The related Autel scanner tools include:
DS708, Maxisys, Maxisys mini, Maxisys Pro, Maxisys Elite, TS501, TS601, MD701, MD702, MD703, MD704, MD802, MOT PRO(EU908), AL609, AL609EU, AL609, AL619EU, VAG505, OLS301, EBS301, MaxiCheck AbsSrs, MaxiCheck DPF, MaxiCheck EPB, MaxiCheck Oil Reset, MaxiCheck SAS, MaxiCheck TPMS, MaxiCheck Pro.
- Update FAQ: There are two solution when the software free update period expires, and accordingly software not work
- Please copy the original software stored in the SD card, and back up to a computer or other storage devices, when you need it, just copy the software into SD card and directly use it.
- If no backup, please pay for one-year update, and then download this update software and other software including all software update within one year.
- SD card has problem, what to do?
- Problem: SD card get damaged or lost accidently, and cause the machine prompt “SD card is damaged” or “Please insert SD card” when boot.
Solution: buy new SD card, download software via PC Suit to update. If free update period expires, copy the old software into the SD card; if no back up, please pay for update.
- Do not casually pull and plug SD card when machine powered, it’s easy to damage machine.
- If SD card lost without registration via the serial number, please contact our technical support for the registration code, then complete the registration and update.
- If you still get message “SD card not insert” after changing another SD card, then you may get SD car slot damaged, please return to us for repair.
- Update steps:
- Maxisys series: click Maxisys—Update, choose the software you want to download
- DS708: follow “How to update DS708.pdf”
- Other Autel scan tools which can register: follow “Software update instruction.pdf”
- Autel scan tools which no need register”
Model: AL301, AL319, AL419, AL439, AL439B, TS101, TS401, AL519, AL539, AL539B, MV208, MV400.
Open CD and install the application eg. MaxilinkII I nto the PC, browse www.autel.com, download the corresponding update application, run maxilink II, and choose the well-done update application to update. For detailed operation procedure, please refer to the user manual.
- Following Autel models stop production:
MS301, MS310, MS409, MS509, VAG405, JP701, EU702, US703, MD801，Maxi Recorder, Maxi Tester, TS301, EST201, GS500, Oil Reset Tool.
Note: the above-mentioned products are not available with update any more, for the latest update software, please browsehttp://www.auteltech.com/autelcms/UpdatesDownloads/429.jhtml# and click “Old Products” to download.
Autel scanner tools after-sales FAQ
- Which year of OBD-compliant vehicles do Autel products work with?
For European cars: cover the OBD-compliant vehicles after 2006 year;
For USA cars: cover the OBD-compliant vehicles after 1996 year;
For Asian cars: cover the OBD-compliant vehicles after 2009 year.
- Wifi mac mismatch, what to do?
1). Software worked well before, but now get error “Wifi mac mismatch”, please try to click WIFI page, if no reaction, reboot it and no work, maybe WIFI module damaged, please return us for repair.
2) You may get prompt from one single software or from all software, if get from one single software, please directly delete it and re-download, if all software have error, please ensure all the software stored in the SD card is downloaded via correct Autel ID not copied from other SD card.
3) If you operate correctly, but get error “Wifi mac mismatch”, please send our technical support with the picture of S/N and wifi mac address to check whether Autel products management information match or not.
- Register failure, what to do?
The common reason for registration failure is that user input incorrect registration code, please pay attention registration code is 6 figures (which can be found from About page), not the login password. If you input correct registration code, but still get error message “Product not found”, please take a photo of serial number and registration code, then send it to our technical support for check whether the product management information match or not.
- Product has been registered, but it still prompts the serial number is not registered and cannot be upgraded.
This problem is usually due to the ds708 machine’s older management program, please download newest System Program via PC Suit, and then insert SD card into the machine.
- After machine boot, it prompts “Please obtain authorization”
Please use a computer with network connection to login PC Suit update program tool, after you successfully login, it will automatically display “Obtain authorization successfully”, if you are not sure the Autel ID corresponding to the serial number, please contact our technical support.
- DS708 freeze after boot, and get unknown errors.
Solution: please firstly try to reboot the machine, if not work, copy “NK(1).bin” into SD card root directory, then boot again, if still fail to boot the machine, please send the error message to us via pictures or video.
- Feedback: machine fail to test the car, what to do?
1). If you get prompt “not support” or “communication fail “when trying certain function for some car model, it is likely the software fuction is not available for the model, or you operate incorrectly. Please upload “datalog” to the server and the engineer will analyze the data and fix the issue. car make, model, VIN, problem description are required in datalog.
To know the bug solving process, please tell us the serial number of the machine that uploads datalog and the car model and its VIN.
- If all software in the machine can’t be tested, please check and test whether the cables are connected well or not, especially the testing main cable.
- If certain software is not working with all car models, please check this car’s connector, or re-install this software.
- DS708 get error message: GetSysInfoFromRegTab() failed error
Error: for some older version of DS708, when they update operation system from V6.31 to V6.33, they may get error message “GetSysInfoFromRegTab() failed error” and fail to boot the machine.
Solution: contact the seller and they will send you this application named “scan_arm.exe”, and then replace the same named “scan_arm.exe” in the “scan” directory of the SD card, reboot the machine, the error will disappear.