Autel MaxiDAS DS708 is WIFI Wireless automotive diagnostic and analysis system. DS708 is ingeniously designed to recreate the functionality of the tools used by automotive manufacturers’ dealers, empowering independent garage shops to provide complete servicing in their own shops, including reading data stream, reading and clearing of diagnostic trouble codes, component activation and immobilizer key coding, etc.
DAS708 and Autel Company
The state-of-art MaxiDAS® is delicately engineered and built by Autel Intelligent Tech., a scan tool R&D company based in China. Established in 2004, Autel is now recognized by the automotive aftermarket industry as one of the fastest growing scan tool companies providing the most extensive and best price-performance ratio OEM-level diagnostic products and first-class customer support in the world.
Autel DS708 Basic Info:
Operating system: genuine Windows CE
WiFi: wireless diagnosis
Update: FREE update online for one year; then 500USD for each update service DS708 update service
vehicle: more than 30 Chinese, Asian and European vehicle makes (12V Petrol and Diesel vehicles)
2016 Autel Maxidas DS708 Feature and Function:
- Extensive vehicle coverage for more than 40 US domestic, Asian and European vehicles makes
- Deep vehicle system coverage for ALL electronic systems
- Complete function capability including live data, ECU programming and so many others
- Unparalleled OBDII functionalities-support ALL 5 OBDII protocols and ALL 10 test modes
- Automatic Wi-Fi updates available in new software releases
- Innovative dual-processor technology for quicker diagnostics and boot-up
- The genuine Windows CE operating system allows for more stable performances, better compatibility and expandability
- Wi-Fi internet capability allows for wireless access throughout the workshop
- Internet explorer brings internet resource of your choice at your fingertips
- Autel Maxida ds708 has advanced USB communication for faster operation and more accurate diagnostics
- Extremely easy-to-use with touch-screen operation and intuitive operation
- 7 inch 800×480 pixel TFT color display provides better view of test results, graphs, web pages，
- Unique shop tough ergonomic design features multi-layered rubber protection and strong housing
- Intelligent memory of vehicles for easy and quick diagnosis of tested vehicles
- Captures, saves and prints screenshots for convenient troubleshooting
- Displays live data in text, graph and analog for easy data review and analysis
- Autl Maxidas DS708 can records and playbacks live data to pinpoint troubles of sensors and components
- Innovative graph merging for easy and quick detection of intermittent problems
- Automatic Wi-Fi Data Logging for quick and accurate technical support and troubleshooting
- Built-in overvoltage protection keeps the instrument and vehicle from unwanted damages
- Creative remote diagnosis for convenient demonstration and training
- Powered by Autel® Uni-SCANTM technology with no need for extra adaptors or “keys”
- Prints out recorded data anytime and anywhere with Wi-Fi printing capability
How to use Autel Maxidas DS708 Diagnostic and Analysis System
How to change a language for Autel DS708 disgnosis?
Autel DS708 multi-language diagnostic system (English, Spanish, French, German and Portuguese) can only support one language in one device.
So how to change your Autel DS708 OBD2 diagnostic scanner to other language?
Please send your DS708 SN (serial number) and language you want before the device shipped to you. If you want to change your language after the package arrived, please again sends the serial number and language to uobdii.com customer service.
Then enter the serial number to the official website to check the language version you have downloaded.
After update the DS708 scan tool software, you should set the language to the language before update. Some vehicle model can not displayed in other language will be replaced by English.
How to update DS708 scanner?
Purchase includes 12 months of updates and warranty. Updates can be preformed via internet and it is released weekly. Additional updates available after 12 month program expired.
Register and Update on Autel Maxidas Ds708.
two ways to update DS708:
Method 1: Updating via DS708:
After registering DS708 on the website successfully, please connect DS708 scanner to Internet via Ethernet connection or WiFi, and then chooseUpdate on the main screen of DS708.
When the Update screen loads successfully, you can download all the
software updates directly on DS708.
PS: To ensure high Internet speed, Ethernet connection is
Method 2: Updating via Computer
If you cannot download the software directly on DS708, please update DS708 via the PC in this way:
1. Log in our website with your Autel ID and password, and then download the latest PC Suite for DS708 from your account.
2. Then please install the PC suite software on a Windows computer that can get Internet access.
3. Load the SD card to the computer via a card reader, run the update client software, and then input your Autel ID and password to log in our system.
4. Then wait for the Update window to display. If you forget your password unintentionally, you may always click the [Forget Password?] to link to our website and find your password back.
5. You can use the pull-down menu on the right to select an SD card if two or more SD cards have been connected to the PC. And you can click on the Install buttons to download the software updates.
To ensure the good performance of the scan tool, it is recommended to download and install all the software updates
6. After downloading all the software, please insert the SD card back to MaxiDas DS708; then you can enjoy the new software.
See also Autel DS708 Update instruction.
DS708 main unit specification:
Autel Maxidas DS708 English Version Vehicle List (12V Petrol and Diesel):
Extensive vehicle coverage for more than 40 US domestic, Asian and European vehicles makes
1.European vehicle list: AUDI, BENZ, BMW, DACIA, EU FORD, LANDROVER, MINI, OPEL, PEUGEOT, RENAULT, SEAT, SKODA, VW, VOLVO, SMART, JAGUAR, BENZ SPRINTER, SAAB, FIAT, ABARTH, LACIA, ALFA ROMEO, VAUXHALL, MAYBACH, BENTLEY, BUGATTI, PORSCHE.
2.USA vehicle vist: GM, CHRYSLER, FORD
3.Asia vehicle list: SUZUKI, KIA, DAWEOO, ISUZU, TOYOTA, SUBARU, SCION, NISSAN, MITSUBISHI, LEXUS, INFINITI, HYUNDAI, HOLDEN, HONDA, ACCURA, MAZDA.
2016 Autel DS708 diagnostics package list:
note: the package includes OE connectors for 1996 and newer vehicles. Example: BMW 20 Pin, Mercedes 38 Pin, Nissan 14 pin, and many more.
Customer Reviews on Autel MaxiDas DS708 tablet:
1– good at American vehicles, like Ford & GM
Shockwave – 12/21/11 12:25 AM
We have a solus ultra, ds708, Maximus 2.0 and Otc nemisys scan tool some work better than others depending on make
For American vehicles the solus shines but the German vehicles I like the Maximus 2.0
The ds708 is great for certain test like misfire on fords
Is this primarily a one make shop or for you work on any make because I will tell you bmw dealerships around me prefer auto logic to factory scan tool
RWI – October 01, 2013 – 05:34 AM
I’ve owned one for about a year, got it between 1200 & 1300. Lack of battery means starting from scratch if unplugged. Does do software updates over wifi and they are pretty frequent. Live data has some of the best coverage I have seen for an aftermarket scan tool. For the money is can’t be beat. Can be a little interesting to get used to, seems like they copy the oem tool pretty closely. I have dealer Ford & GM tools and the Autel is an exact clone for the most part. If you do a lot of the same make but the factory scanner, if you want a general shop tool this pretty damn good. Like others have said, no bells and whistles, no scope or trouble shooter, just good basic info. I use this mainly for Chrysler as the factory tool is insanely expensive and I am pretty pleased with it.
Cliff – October 01, 2013 – 06:26 AM
This is the only scanner I have. Just had a Denali in the shop. The owner had it at another shop in the area that uses otc products. The genysis couldn’t access the drivers seat module. The ds708 was able to not only read read the module but had good bidirectional support as well. The ford diesel coverage is very good. The gm diesel support is hit or miss. Haven’t tried dodge. The European coverage is excellent. Bmw support is great. Mine even works on pre obd2 models using the proprietary bmw connector. There is almost no tech support. I would not purchase through Asian sources. Seems those units aren’t warranted through the Autel us division. I bought mine through aes wave. Those guys are great. I have been surprised by this unit almost everyone I use it.
2- good at Japanese domestic vehicles and Australian vehicles
Silk – 12/21/11 12:25 AM
We have been using the MaxiDas for about 18 months, and am sort of happy with it. The NZ market is very biased to used Japanese domestic vehicles, and they have done a very good in this sector. Our guys work from Australia and it also works very well on Australian vehicles… better than factory. We are a Mitsi dealership,and it is almost as good on Mitsi as our factory MUTT III.
What I’m disappointed in is coverage of older vehicles – we have all the old Japanese plugs – Toyota, Mazda, Nissan, and it works on none of them, the only OBDI it works on is Honda, it’s useless on the rest. But does Mercedes (but not my 1994 NZ new C220) and BMW.
3– work on OBD I car and perform well on 2003 Olds Alero
The_Eric – 01/05/12 09:29 PM
I have the MaxiDas unit on demo from the tool rep. I can say that I’ll likely opt not to buy it. One of the big reasons for me buying a tool of this caliber is to be able to use it on the wife’s OBD I car and access her ABS and airbag info. This unit will not communicate with OBD I in site of the fact that it comes with the GM 12 pin connector. Also noticed some (simple) spelling errors (like engein instead of engine). Not sure why that bugs me but it does. I plugged it into an 2003 Olds Alero and was pleasantly surprised at it’s level of accessibility. I could reprogram key fobs, reset trans adaptives, do CKP variation relearns and command several relays and widgets for testing purposes. Also had access to all live data in the BCM, SRS and ABS.
POSTED BY Autel Maxidas Ds708