This is a tutorial on how to read BMW DME ISN with Autel MaxiIM G-BOX 3 & IM508S Key Programmer. Here’s reading BMW E series Bosch TC1797 MEVD17.2.4 EEPROM on bench as demonstration. For Autel IM608 II, you can also refer to the steps in article.
Check video to learn:
Connect IM508S, G-BOX 3 & engine module together.
Check Wiring diagram in:
IMMO >> Accept >> BMW >> System selection >> Engine >> Direct >> Bench >> E chassis >> BOSCH >> Read/Write ISN >> TC1797 MEVD17.2.4
- Remove the DME from the vehicle.
- Connect DB15 cable to the DME interface according to the dot in the diagram.
- Connect DB15 cable to Autel G-BOX3. Then connect the OBDII female connector(marked with “P”) of the G-BOX3 to diagnostic device and its DC port(marked with “DC 12V”) to the +12V DC power supply.
- Once completing to execute the function, restore the DME to its original status.
Press “OK” once finishing connection.
Read BMW DME ISN
Press “Read ISN”.
During execution of the function, pay attention to the following:
- The process requires a network connection. Ensure that the network connection is OK and maintain the network connection during the process.
- Do not disconnect the 12V(3A) power supply and ensure that the working voltage is stable.
- Do not disconnect the device from the main cable.
Otherwise, an exception may occur during execution of the function.
Reading data, and wait until 100%…
Save EEPROM data file.
BMW ISN was read out successfully!